Mama’s Hamburger Pie
May 10, 2016|Posted in: Uncategorized
Hamburger Pie is one of my favorite meals that my Mama used to make. It’s also one of my husband’s all time favorite meals! Your family is certain to love it too!!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Family Size Can of Tomato Soup (26 oz.)
- 1 Can of Corn
- 6-8 Large Potatoes (You can use instant potatoes if you’d like but my family only goes for the real thing!)
- 3 Tbsps Butter
- Salt & Pepper
Here’s What You Need to Do:
- Peel and slice your potatoes and boil until soft 20-30 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer whip the potatoes with 1/2 cup of milk, 3 tbsps of butter, and salt to taste, until well blended.
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan sprayed with a light coating of cooking spray. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the soup together with one can of milk. (I use half water and half milk because I’m lactose intolerant).
- In an oven safe serving dish combine the soup, ground beef and corn. Warm in microwave.
- Top mixture with mashed potatoes and place the baking dish under the broiler until the top of the dish is lightly browned.