“Candy Hearts” Valentine Decoration
January 19, 2016|Posted in: Holidays and Seasons
This “Candy Heart” Valentine Decoration is a sweet way to display the names of the ones you love most! Make one with the names of everyone in the family or the kids or grandkids.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Wooden Heart Shapes
- Red Alphabet Stickers
- Wide Red Ribbon
- Needle & Thread
- Small Scrap of thin Red Ribbin
- Acrylic Paints (Candy Hearts traditionally come in: Pink, Lavender, Green, Yellow, Orange and White)
- Heavy Duty Stapler
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sparkle Spray
- Clear Coat Spray
Here’s What to Do:
On a protected surface, paint each wooden heart a different color. You may need more than one coat to make them look nice. Allow to dry completely.
- In a well ventilated area apply the sparkle spray to each painted heart. Allow to dry completely.
- At the widest part of each heart, starting in the middle of the heart, with the middle letter of each name, apply the red alphabet stickers to spell the name of a loved one. Press firmly to make sure each sticker is secure.
- When all of the names have been applied to all of the hearts, apply the clear coat spray. Remember to do this step in a well ventilated area.
- Using the wide red ribbon make a pretty bow for the top of your decoration. I followed the tutorial here: ***
- Cut a length of the wide red ribbon long enough to attach all of your wooden hearts.
- Leaving about 1 ½ inches between each, tach the hearts to the ribbon with three staples along the back of each heart.
- Using hot glue or a needle and thread, attach the bow to the top of the length of ribbon with the “candy hearts” stapled to it.
- You can use your hot glue gun to put a thin coat along each cut edge of your ribbon to protect it from unraveling.
- Finally, using the needle and thread attach the thin scrap of red ribbon to the top of the bow to create a loop for hanging your finished Valentine Decoration.
Hang your pretty Valentine Decoration in a conspicuous place and watch as your loved ones smile when they find their names!!
- Creatively Crafty Link Party Week 50 - Our Daily Craft - […] they’re pretty cute. Love My Big Happy Family was inspired by conversation hearts to make a wall hanging with…