Mama’s Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
My Mama’s Sweet Potatoes have always been a favorite at our house for Thanksgiving. My Mama was a very good cook and the family would always gather together for wonderful Sunday dinners at Mom & Dad’s place. Thanksgiving dinner was no exception and it was always beyond delicious!
It just isn’t Thanksgiving without Mom’s Sweet Potatoes. They are are loaded with sugar and butter so we only have them on Thanksgiving and maybe once or twice a year other than that. But they are very simple to prepare and Oh So Yummy!
Here’s What You’ll need:
- Two 29 oz cans of Cut Sweet Potatoes in light syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Butter (straight from the fridge)
- 2 Cups of Miniature Marshmellows
- Drain the sweet potatoes (set aside about one cup of the liquid in case your potatoes are too dry)
- In a large microwaveable and oven safe dish mash all of the sweet potatoes. If they seem too dry add a little bit of the liquid from what you set aside.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Cut each tablespoon of butter into 3-4 slivers. Slide each sliver of butter into your potatoes, spacing them evenly throughout.
- Heat the potatoes in the microwave for five minutes.
- Spread the marshmallows on top of the Sweet Potatoes and then place the dish under your oven broiler until marshmallows melt and are golden brown on top.
- Serve with other traditional Thanksgiving favorites and Enjoy!!