Pretty Embellished Easter Eggs!
Are you looking for a beautiful easter craft you can make and display? Well, here it is!!
I first made these way back when I was a teenager or young adult. Some of the eggs pictured are the actual ones I made back then. I love making them because they are so fancy and delicate – Oh So Pretty! And they make a lovely holiday decoration or gift! The only tricky part is wrapping the egg. Other than that they’re really simple to make!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Choose Your Eggs – Plastic Easter Eggs, Actual Egg Shells with middles blown out, or Styrofoam Egg Shapes (My Personal Choice is Real Eggs)
- Embroidery Floss in your Colors of Choice
- White Craft Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Super Glue
- Embellishments such as:
Small Silk Flowers
Here’s What You’ll Need to Do:
1. Choose Type of Egg and Prepare Your Eggs
- Make a very small hole in each end.
- Shake the egg vigorously to break the yolk.
- Hold the egg over a bowl and blow forcefully into one of the holes in the ends.
- When all of the contents of the egg have been blown out allow the egg shell to dry for a day or two.
Plastic Easter Egg
- Glue the two halves together using a hot glue gun or a little super glue.
- Allow glue to dry.
Styrofoam Egg Shapes
- These eggs come ready to go!
2. Attach the end of the embroidery floss with a dot of white glue and allow to dry. (You may need to use super glue to attach the floss to plastic eggs)
3. Spread about ¼ inch of glue around the egg right next to where the embroidery floss is attached.
4. Carefully wrap the floss around the egg in spirals. This is tricky at first but it gets easier as you get closer to the center of the egg.
5. Make sure your circled strands of floss are buffed up right next to each other with no space or egg showing in between!
6. Continue wrapping the embroidery floss around the egg until it is completely covered.
7. Allow to dry.
8. Use a hot glue gun and attach the embellishments of your choice to make your eggs beautiful.
You might also enjoy: Hatching Chick Craft
Here are some related products from Amazon that you might like. Just click on the photo or the description to be redirected to Amazon where you can purchase the products.