My 10 Favorite Things at the Utah State Fair
September 21, 2015|Posted in: Holidays and Seasons
Our family enjoys one another’s company, so we go on family outings together all the time.
During Autumn we have an abundance of family traditions.
One such tradition is attending the State Fair.
Here’s a list of some of our very favorite things to see there.
Little Hands on the Farm – This is an interactive experience for the little ones where they get to do typical farm activities. My grandkids just love it and it makes for some super cute pictures!
2. Pigs – I’ve been collecting pig figurines since I was just a girl and I have a collection of a couple hundred or more so naturally, I have a special fondness for the real thing. This year they didn’t have any babies but most years they do. Everyone loves an adorable litter of tiny piglets!
3. Animals – We enjoy all of the animals, cows, horses, sheep, goats, chickens & miscellaneous farm fowl, and rabbits.
4. 4H Crafts – This display has some absolutely amazing crafts and the really fun thing is that they were all made by kids!
5. General Crafts – Again, there are some pretty wonderful creations in this exhibit.
6. Butter Sculpture – A life size butter sculpture is a really fun thing to see. It is typically something pretty whimsical which makes it all the more fun.
7. The Beehive – There is usually a beehive on display that everyone finds fascinating. It has glass sides so you can see the honey combs and watch the bees at work. There is also a tube where the bees can crawl out and then fly around. Last year my daughter got stung by a bee at the fair and she insists it had to have been one from the hive on display!
8. Spas – My hubby’s favorite thing to see is the Spas. We have an old one we found in the classified and only paid $100 for! After enjoying it for a year the motor (or something) went out so now we don’t have one. :o( Someday honey, someday soon.
9. Agriculture Display – The gardener in me loves to see all of the produce the farmers have grown.
10. Giant Pumpkins – Our favorites are always the giant pumpkins and they put us in a festive mood for Fall.
And there it is!! Our 10 favorite things to see at the Utah State Fair!