Mother’s Day Gift Idea – DIY Luxury Soaps
May 1, 2015|Posted in: Crafter's Corner
These beautiful luxury soaps look and smell great. They make excellent gifts for Mother’s Day, birthdays or any special occasion, really.
I love making them and choosing the scents and colors. I like to add herbs and spices for a special touch.
What You’ll Need:
- Brick of Soap from the craft Store. Eventually I’d like to make my own soap from scratch but since I’m just starting out I’ve been using the premade bricks of soap.
- Soap molds.
- Rubber “stamps” to make pretty impressions and designs in the soaps.
- Scented oils to make them smell pretty.
- Special soap colors you can buy from the craft store.
- Measuring cup to use to melt the soap and pour it into the molds.
- Supplies of your choice to wrap and package the soaps (such as tissue paper, stickers, twine, small boxes, burlap, ribbons, etc).
- Wash your soap molds to make sure they are clean and dust free.
- Place a pretty rubber stamp into each of the the molds.
- Cut off enough soap to fill your mold and place it in the measuring cup. The specific amount will depend upon the size of your mold. Your mold may come with instructions on how much soap you need to fill it, if not you will have to learn through trial and error.
- Place the soap filled measuring cup in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir it until it has a smooth consistency and all the soap is melted.
- Add your chosen color and scent and stir well.
- Add any herbs or spices you’ve decided to include in your soap. They make it so pretty!! See suggestions below.
- Pour the liquid soap I to the mold.
- Allow it to set for approximately an hour or until it is hard.
- Gently loosen the soap from the edges of the mold and pop out the soap.
- As a finishing touch, add pretty wrapping and or packaging.
This is just a small list of herbs and spices, etc. that you can add to your soaps:
Finely Grated Citrus Rind