Making Paper Snowflakes – Picture Tutorial & Free Printable Pattern
Here’s What You’ll need:
- Copy Paper 8.5″ X 11″
- Sharp Scissors
- Exacto Knife
- Snowflake Patterns
Here’s What to Do”
2. Turn the paper over so the printed side is down.
3. Fold the paper to create a triangle (with 8 small triangles showing) as shown in the photo below.
4. Cut off the rectangle at the top of the page as shown.
5. Fold the paper in half so that only 4 triangles are showing.
6. Fold in half again so that just two triangles are showing.
7. Fold the paper in half one final time, so that only one triangle is showing.
8. Cut off the small triangle at the top, as shown below.
9. If you are using a blank snowflake pattern, draw your design. Make sure you leave an area along the left edge that will not be cut (otherwise your snowflake will fall apart!). Also, draw your design so that there are a few places on the right edge that will not be cut as well.
10. Place your folded snowflake on a thick piece of newspaper with the pattern face up. Use an exacto knife to cut out any enclosed shapes that you won’t be able to cut from the sides.
11. Cut the rest of your snowflake out using sharp scissors.
12. Carefully unfold your snowflake to see your beautiful creation! Check out the designs I made below!
Hang up your Paper Snowflakes to create your very own Winter Wonderland!
Get your Free Downloadable Snowflake Patterns HERE – Includes a Blank Pattern and the Five Designs above!
Related Products You Might Like: