My hubby and I both have December birthdays. A few years ago our grown kids had the idea to have a combined birthday and Christmas cookie party! It’s been a fun family tradition ever since. This year our cookies were very colorful and we had lots of fun!
These cookies are cake-like and slightly sweet. Their sugary sweetness comes from the frosting. You and your family can make some Kringle Cookies and have your own Christmas cookie party!
Here’s What You’ll Need
● 6 Cups of Flour
● 1 ½ Cups of Granulated Sugar
● 2 ½ Cups of Sour Cream
● 1 Egg
● ¼ tsp Salt
● 2 tsp Baking Soda
● ½ tsp Cinnamon
● 1 lb Powdered Sugar
● ½ Stick of Butter, softened
● ¼ Cup Milk
● 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla
● Food Coloring (We used Wilton Cake Colors to get our bright hues)
Here’s What You’ll Need to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, egg and sour cream until well blended.
4. Add salt, soda and cinnamon and mix well.
5. Slowly add flour, mixing it in until the dough is no longer sticky.
6. Place the dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out until it is about ¼ inch thick.
7. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into shapes and place them in the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
10. To make the frosting mix powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until well blended. If necessary add a little more milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
11. Spread frosting on the cooled cookies.