Staying Hydrated is Essential to Good Health!
April 7, 2015|Posted in: Healthy, Beautiful You!
Stay Hydrated – Drink Water!
Staying Hydrated is very important, because every part of our bodies depends upon water to function properly. How much water should you drink each day? With a quick survey of Internet sites devoted to the topic of good health you’ll quickly learn the new recommendation is to take your weight, divide it in half and drink that many ounces of water per day.
According to WebMD.com the following is a list of the Symptoms of Dehydration in Adults.
The signs and symptoms of dehydration range from minor to severe and include:
Dry mouth and swollen tongue
Palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding)
Inability to sweat
Decreased urine output
Urine color may indicate dehydration. If urine is concentrated and deeply yellow or amber, you may be dehydrated.
Helpful Tips to Stay Hydrated
- Carry a water bottle with you all day.
- Divide your daily water intake into 5 equal servings and drink one first thing in the morning, one with each meal, breakfast, lunch & dinner and finally one serving before bed.
- Add flavor to your water. You can buy a little bottle of flavoring in the juice section of your grocery store.
- Avoid caffeine, carbonation and sugar!
You might also enjoy reading Healthy Lifestyle – Daily Health Checks
Here are some related products from Amazon that you might like. Just click on the photo or the description to be redirected to Amazon where you can purchase the product.
- Healthy Lifestyle - Daily Checklist for a Healthier Lifestyle - […] You might also enjoy reading Staying Hydrated is Essential to Good Health […]