Great Gift – Child’s Name for Baby Shower or Birthday!
April 18, 2017|Posted in: Uncategorized
Name Gift – For Baby Shower or Birthday!
I made this gift for my niece’s baby shower last week. Her little girl is due in June and we can’t wait to meet her! Baby’s name is perfect for a tabletop or wall decoration in her nursery. She has a “Finding Dory” theme in the colors of coral and torqousie. It’s pretty easy to make and fairly quidk too and it’s Oh So Cute! So next time you need a gift for a baby shower or a child’s birthday you’re all set!
Name Gift Instructions
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Wooden Letters to Spell Out the Child’s Name. You can but these at your local craft supply store.
- 6 Pieces of Pretty Scrapbook Paper in Coordinating Colors & Patterns. Do not use cardstock or coated or glittered paper. Paper must be able to soak up the glue! (You might want to find out how the their bedroom is decorated, if you don’t already know. That way you can make sure the colors you choose will match).
- Two Colors of Acrylic Paint.
- Paint Brush.
- Decopauge Glue.
- Clear Coat Spray
Here’s What You’ll Need to Do:
1. Trace one letter, upside down, on the back of each piece of scrapbook paper.
2. Cut the letters out, just inside of the tracing line.
3. Paint the back of each of the letters in alternating colors and allow to dry.
4. Paint the front of each of the letters in alternating colors and allow to dry.
5. Coat the front of each letter with decopauge glue and carefully apply the scrapbook paper to the glue, taking care to smooth out any air bubbles.
6. Firmly rub the entire surface of the letter to make sure the scrapbook paper is securely attached.
7. Apply a coat of decopauge glue over the top of the scrapbook paper and allow to dry slightly.
8. If any bubbles appear under the scrapbook paper, carefully smooth them out using a smooth plastic surface (I used the bottom of the glue bottle).
9. If a few bubbles still remain, that is alright. They shoud smooth out as the glue dries completely.
10. Spray your completed project with a clear coat protectant spray. Allow to dry completely (12 to 24 hours).
Wrap up your gift and you’re ready to go to the party! The guest of honor is sure to love their special personalized gift!
You might also enjoy reading: Silhouette CAMEO® – My Top Five Favorite Projects
Here are some related products you might like. Click on the photo or the description to be directed to Amazon where you can purchase the items.