Free Printable! – Felt Roadway Pattern
My grandkids love playing with this roadway I made out of felt. They play with it for hours, arranging the road pieces into different patterns and driving their toy cars on them. It’s the perfect size for Matchbox Cars, Hot Wheels and Legos. You can get a free printable pattern to make a roadway out of felt for your little ones.
What you will need:
- Printable Pattern
- 10-20 Pieces of Black Felt (I like to use the stiff felt pieces)
- White Fabric Paint (a bottle with a narrow tip works best)
- Straight Pins
- Download and print the pattern pieces on regular copy paper.
- Cut them out.
- Pin each pattern piece onto the felt and then use the scissors to cut around them.
- You will want to make a few more of the straight pieces than of the curved and corner pieces.
- Use the white fabric paint to paint center line stripes on the road pieces. Refer to the pattern as a guide show you where to place the stripes.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- There are bonus pattern pieces to make stop and yield signs. You can hot glue them to blocks and Popsicle sticks to make them stand up.
- Arrange your roadway into an interesting pattern, get out your toy cars & let the fun begin!!