Chase Away Holiday Let Down
After the holidays many people find themselves feeling let down. We put so much focus on planning and working to make the holidays perfect for our families and then when it’s all over we often find ourselves wondering, “now what?”
Here is a list of 10 ideas to help chase away that holiday letdown:
- Enjoy the Memories – Take some time to reflect on the holidays. Think about things that made them special or particularly memorable this year. Let the memories make you feel warm and happy!
- Look Ahead – Think about what the upcoming days, weeks and months will hold. Consider what you can begin to do now to prepare for things to come.
- Set Personal Goals – Make a list of goals you’d like to accomplish in the new year. Make a plan of action to achieve those goals.
- Plan for the Next Holiday – The New Year is just a few days away. Plan a special night for New Year’s Eve. Valentine’s Day isn’t too far off. Are their gifts or decorations you can start preparing now?
- Pamper Yourself – Take a bubble bath or give yourself a manicure or pedicure. Try a new look with your makeup.
- Make a Nice Dinner – Plan something yummy for dinner and put a little extra effort into it. Make the table look pretty and share a nice conversation during the meal.
- Have a Movie Night – Pop some popcorn and watch a new movie or an old favorite
- Exercise! – Go for a walk, go to the gym or turn on your favorite tunes and move to the music!
- Clean or Organize Something – pick a room, a drawer, a closet, the fridge -anything – and give it a thorough cleaning and organizational makeover!
- Go on a Lunch Date With a Friend – Call up an old friend and set up a lunch date, or call a few friends and set up several!
The secret to chasing away holiday letdown is to enjoy the here and now and to look forward to things to come! If you find yourself feeling let down after the holidays, I hope these suggestions will help you to do just that.
If you have any ideas to add to this list, please let me know in the comments below.
My heartfelt wishes for very happy and prosperous new year to you and your family!!
You may also enjoy reading:
Here are some related products from Amazon that you might like. Just click on the photo or the description to be redirected to Amazon where you can purchase the products.