Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
I have several peanut butter cup lovers in my family so I came up with this special cupcake variety just for them.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes (I used a boxed mix to save time, but if you’d prefer you can use your favorite from scratch recipe)
- 2 dozen full size peanut butter cups
- 2 dozen mini peanut butter cups
- Small package of Reese’s Pieces
For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I use salted)
- One 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- One 16-ounce package powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I only use the real thing!)
- Cocoa to taste (approx. 4-6 Tbsp.)
- Prepare cupcake batter according to package instructions.
- Remove the wrappers and place a large peanut butter cup into the bottom each of your cupcake liners. Fill liners 2/3 full with chocolate cupcake batter and bake according to package instructions. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing the butter, cream cheese, cocoa and vanilla until well blended.
- Alternately add the powdered sugar and mild until the frosting is thick and creamy.
- Pipe a generous amount of frosting onto the top of each cooled cupcake.
- Top the cupcake with a mini peanut butter cup (still in it’s wrapper).
- Top the mini peanut butter cup with a dollop of frosting.
- Finish your cupcake off by placing three Reese’s Pieces on top of the mini peanut butter cup.