October 20, 2015|Posted in: Holidays and Seasons
My sister loves wine and Halloween. Her birthday is the 22nd of October so the month is doubly special to her. She has dozens and dozens of cute and scary decorations that she puts up in her house and most years she has a costume party to celebrate Halloween and her birthday. My other two sisters and I have traditionally given her Halloween decorations for her birthday. A couple of years ago I decided to combine her love for Halloween and her love for wine and give her a wine bottle wrapped like a mummy as her birthday present. She loved it!
You could just as easily wrap a bottle of sparkling cider or soda (either a two liter size or an individual size), or a bottle of flavored water or chocolate milk, etc.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Bottled Beverage
- Large Googly Eyes
- Gauze Bandage (from the first aid section of your grocery store).
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Make sure your bottle is clean and free of dirt and sticky residue.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the googly eyes about one third of the way down from the top of your bottle.
- Starting at the bottom of the bottle, secure the end of the gauze bandage to the bottle using hot glue.
- Wrap the gauze tightly around the bottle leaving a space for the eyes to peep out.
- Use hot glue to secure the other end of the gauze bandage to the top of your bottle.
Mummy Bottles make a spooky and fun birthday or hostess gift or party favor for kids or adults!