Mama’s Cream Cheese Fudge – No Cooking Required!
The great thing is, there is absolutely no cooking required to make this delicious fudge. You can just mix it up and it’s ready to eat. My dear sweet mama used to make it for us. We made two versions, one with nuts for daddy and one without for the rest of us. We’d form it into long bricks and wrap it in wax paper and then slice pieces off to eat.
When I grew up I got creative and rolled it into fudge balls and then rolled them in sprinkles. It’s wonderful that way too!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- One Stick of Butter (room temperature)
- One lb Box of Powdered Sugar
- 3 oz of Cream Cheese (I use reduced fat (to ease my guilt))
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup of Cocoa (depending upon how chocolaty you want it.
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chopped Nuts
- Sprinkles (If you want to make the Fudge Balls version. I have used chocolate sprinkles, nuts, colored sugars, colorful sprinkle balls, crushed candy canes and powered sugar to roll my Fudge Balls in).
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. (I do this by hand to make sure it’s mixed well. It’s messy, but effective!)
- Add Nuts if desired.
- Shape fudge into long bricks by wrapping it in wax paper and smoothing the edges.
- Cut and serve or refrigerate to get a firmer set.
Fudge Balls Directions:
- Roll the fudge into small bite sized balls.
- Pour approximately t 1/8 cup of each type of desired sprinkles into small bowls.
- Roll fudge balls in sprinkles until they are completely coated.
- Serve or refrigerate to get a firmer set.