Creepy Finger Cookies!
These creepy finger sugar cookies make a great Halloween threat that will have your family and friends oohing, awing and squealing!
Cookies – What You Need:
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Butter (I use salted)
- 1 Large Egg
- tsp Vanilla Extract
- Slivered Almonds
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Using your mixer combine the sugar, butter (softened), egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour and baking soda mixture and mix until dough can be formed into a ball. (If dough is too dry add water two or three drops at a time until it reaches the desired consistency).
- Form the cookies by rolling the dough into finger size shapes.
- Flatten one end slightly and stick an almond slice in for the fingernail.
- Cut 3-4 small slices for each knuckle.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cookies have just a touch of golden brown. (Time will depend upon size and thickness of cookies – usually 10 – 12 minutes).