Castle Play Set – DIY
Castle Play Set.
The Grands love this play castle I made for them. They play for hours with the Castle, Knights, Fairy Princesses and Dragons (who mysteriously disappeared before this photo shoot). With this fun play set and their imaginations my grandkids visit fairytale lands where amazing and magical things happen!
Everything you need to make your very own Castle Play Set for your little ones can be purchased at Michael’s Craft Store. They also sell Safari Toobs, (tubes full of small plastic figures) that perfectly complete your set. The wooden castle comes with a little wooden box that slips inside and can be used to store the figures.
If you pay full price for everything this project can be a little costly. I watched for sales, used discount coupons and purchased everything over 3-4 weeks to make it more affordable.
Views from different angles.
Castle Play Set – HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- Unfinished Wooden Castle
- Acrylic Craft Paint (I used Light Gray, Dark Gray and Brown)
- Paint Brushes
- Glitter Spray
- Clear Coat Spray
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Safari Toob Toys – (We have the Knights, Fairy Princesses and Dragons Sets)
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Lay down newspaper to protect your working surface.
- Using a fairly large brush, paint the entire wood surface (excluding the staircases) light gray. Don’t forget to paint the storage box as well.
- Look over your work very carefully and use a smaller brush and light gray paint to fill in any cracks or crevices that didn’t get covered with paint in Step 2.
- With a small paintbrush paint the staircases brown, being careful not to get brown paint in the light gray areas.
- Paint sketchy rectangular shapes and tiny random dots to look like bricks in random places on the outside of the castle.
- When the paint is dry spray the entire castle with glitter spray to give it a shimmering silver appearance.
- Completely cover the castle and storage box in clear coat spray and allow to dry.
- Measure and cut bright pieces of felt and glue them to the floor in the rooms. (I covered one floor with smaller alternating squares of black and white for a more “royal” look).
- Add your chosen Safari Toob figures to.
- Present the Play Set to your little ones and watch as they enjoy endless hours of magical fairytale fun!!
Enter this Sweepstakes to Win a Stay in a Real Castle!
Wouldn’t you love experience your very own real life fairytale? Enter the HomeAway Sweepstakes and you might win a stay for yourself and 20 guests at the real life Duns Castle! You cam ENTER TO WIN HERE!
Here is what HomeAway’s website says about Duns Castle.
“Duns Castle, located in the Scottish Borders just one hour south of Edinburgh, is the centrepiece of a beautiful 1200-acre estate and has been the seat of the Hay family for over 300 years. Steeped in history, the oldest part of the castle dates from 1320 and it was here that the Covenanters amassed their forces in 1639 to protect Scotland’s freedom of worship.
Today the property is a haven of beauty and tranquillity, an idyllic venue for weddings, private hire, holiday lets and corporate retreats, where guests can simply unwind and make the most of their stay. In partnership with the Scottish Wildlife Trust, the estate boasts its own nature reserve, complemented by extensive forest trails and bespoke outdoor activities including falconry, archery, clay pigeon, 4-wheel-drive experiences and nature tours. Inside the castle, guests can enjoy a host of pre-booked cultural experiences such as wine and whisky tastings and art classes. Guests staying in the castle can enjoy the castle’s full-size billiard table as well as tennis and lawn-croquet free of charge.”
Their website also says that the average price for a night’s stay at the castle is $3,070! I don’t know about you, but that is like my entire vacation budget. So I’d be really thrilled to win this sweepstakes! I already submitted my entry!!
You might also like these posts:
Here are some related products from Amazon that you might like. Just click on the photo or the description to be redirected to Amazon where you can purchase the products.