Back to School Sugar Cookies!
July 30, 2018|Posted in: Happy, Healthy, Smart Kids!, Let's Eat!
Back to School Sugar Cookies
Are these the cutest cookies ever, or what?! They’ll make the perfect back to school surprise for your little scholar (and your big scholar too)! These delicious sugar cookies are easy to decorate for any holiday or season!
Back to School Sugar Cookies – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Butter (I use salted)
- 1 Large Egg
- tsp Vanilla Extract
Here’s What You Need to Do:
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Using your mixer combine the sugar, butter (softened), egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour and baking soda mixture and mix until dough can be formed into a ball. (If dough is too dry add water two or three drops at a time until it reaches the desired consistency).
- Knead dough into a ball, place it in a zip lock baggie and refrigerate 25-35 minutes. Dough should be firm but not hard.
- Roll dough to desired thickness and cut into shapes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until cookies have just a touch of golden brown. (Time will depend upon size and thickness of cookies – usually 10 – 12 minutes).
Royal Icing – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Powdered Sugar
- Meringue Powder
- Edible Marking Pens (Available where cake decorating supplies are sold).
Here’s What You Need to Do:
- Mix together 1 Tbsp meringue powder for every cup of powdered sugar. Add water and mix to desired consistency. To make these cookies you want to use icing that is of “flood” consistency. That means it won’t run off of the cookie but will still run together to fill in for a smooth iced finish.
- Pipe an outline around the cookies and then fill them in with icing. Use a toothpick to blend together any small gaps in the icing.
- Once icing has dried, you can use edible ink pens to add details (optional).
Yield depends upon size and thickness of cookies.
Wrap the cookes in individual bags and tie with a ribbon to give as gifts or throw a Back to School Party and let the kids help make their own back to school sugar cookies!!
You might also enjoy reading: Lunchbox Notes
and 20 Classroom Donations Your Child’s Teacher Will Appreciate
Here are some related products from Amazon that you might like. Just click on the photo or the description to be redirected to Amazon where you can purchase the products.
Back to School Icon Cupcake Rings – 24 pcs
Crayon Shaped Erasers For Kids – 2.5 Inches Crayon-Shaped Eraser 12 Pack- For Party Bags, Fillers And Stuffers – Great For Teachers To Give As A Prize- By Katzco
24 ~ Welcome Back to School Pencils ~ 7.5″ ~ New
Leave a Reply
December 20, 2018
I have read your content already and I am so satisfied with your thought. I have lots of good ideas and good content on my side. You are so invited to have short look on my side.