A Sweet Valentine Treat – Strawberry Divinity!
This stuff is Devine! It is a Christmas tradition at our house, but works equally well as a Sweet Treat for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cups of Water
- 3/4 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 of 3 oz. pkg of Strawberry Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Walnuts (Optional – I never add nuts. I think it’s much better without them)
Here’s What to Do:
- Mix together the sugar, water and corn syrup in a large sauce pan and bring to boil over a low heat.
- Stir mixture constantly until the sugar dissolves, then stir occasionally until mixture reaches 250 degrees (hard ball stage) on your candy thermometer.
- Meanwhile, beat together the egg whites until the mixture is stiff but not dry.
- Add the Strawberry Gelatin to the egg whites and continue beating until mixture peaks stiffly.
- When the syrup reaches the correct temperature pour it SLOWLY into the egg whites in a thin, steady stream, beating until the candy is thick, holds it’s shape, and loses its gloss. (Hint: This is the tricky part! For best results use a tabletop mixer or have a second person help so that one can do the pouring and one can do the mixing)
- Add nuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to set before eating.
Make a pretty plate of the sweet treats for your favorite Valentine or share the Valentine love with the whole family!
- A Sweet Valentine Treat - Strawberry Divinity! ~ Love My Big Happy Family - Famous Last Words - […] A Sweet Valentine Treat – Strawberry Divinity! | Love My Big Happy Family – lovemybighappyfam… […]