October 27, 2015|Posted in: Holidays and Seasons
How fun are these Witches’ Potion Bottles?! Perfect to create a spooky atmosphere for your home or Halloween party!
Here’s What You Need:
- Bottles of Various Shapes and Sizes
- Masking Tape (A quicker way to add texture is to use tissue paper)
- Acrylic Paints in Various Colors (metallic and glitter paints are fun)
- Plastic Gems, Spiders, Webbing (you can use cotton balls or batting), etc. for embellishments
- Decoupage Glue
- Light Brown Cardstock
- Potion Labels Printable
- White Craft Glue
- Clear Coat Spray
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Cover the bottles in masking tape. You can wrinkle the tape or apply it diagonally, etc. to create texture. (You could also use tissue paper. Apply it to the bottles with decoupage glue, allowing it to wrinkle and fold)
- Paint your bottles with dark Halloween colors. Smudge accent colors on top and glitter as desired. Allow to dry.
- Print out the labels for the potion bottles and cut them out.
- Attach labels to the bottles with white craft glue
- Cover each bottle and label with decoupage glue and allow to dry.
- Spray the bottles with clear coat.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach plastic gems to the tops of the bottles.